Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  How to migrate all data from Jira to rally

Posted Nov 17, 2021 02:20 AM
    Hi there,

can someone help me with migration steps Jira to rally, I have read some threads but they look very old, and given links are redirecting to other page 

https://community.broadcom.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MID=760334
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18776682/migrating-from-jira-to-rally

BR
    Rajnish

• 2.  RE: How to migrate all data from Jira to rally

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 17, 2021 10:01 AM
    Hi Rajnish,

I think your best option is to use the Jira connector that we provide.  There's a bit of a setup process involved with it, but the nice thing is that once it is all set up, you can continue to work in Jira and have it continuously import the date into Rally to give you a smooth migration plan.

You can find the documentation on this here: https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/agile-development-and-management/rally-platform-ca-agile-central/rally/integrating-top/connectors/c-defect-management/c-atlassian-jira/c-jira-installation-user-guide.html

Let us know if you have any questions!

• 3.  RE: How to migrate all data from Jira to rally

Posted Nov 17, 2021 10:20 AM
    Hi Dave,

thanks for the reply, we are not using Jira anymore, we moved to rally more than a year ago. I think the Jira connector will only work when you continue to work on Jira for some time, Is there any other way to migrate old data from Jira to rally, or do you think we can still use that connector even if we are not using Jira anymore??

• 4.  RE: How to migrate all data from Jira to rally

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 17, 2021 12:57 PM
    Hi Rajnish,

I just replied to you also privately in case you'd like for us to meet to discuss this. In general, you can use the connector also as a mean for a one-time migration. It should still be able to read your Jira items (even if old) and sync with Rally. However, you can also consider exporting your Jira items to CSV files and use our Rally Excel add-in to upload them to Rally. The advantage of the second option is that you don't need to install the connector, but you will need to do some manual work to adjust these CSV files so they can be uploaded to Rally. 

I'll be happy to meet with you to discuss further if you'd like. I replied to you privately with my email address.

Sagi

• 5.  RE: How to migrate all data from Jira to rally

Posted Apr 11, 2022 03:26 PM

Hey @Sagi Gabay,

I'm in the same boat needing to export all of my Jira contents into Rally. Is this something you can help me out with, because I have never done this with Rally.

Regards,

Dan Green
    ​​

• 6.  RE: How to migrate all data from Jira to rally

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 11, 2022 03:51 PM
    Hi Dan.

Good to hear from you!   Welcome (back) to the Rally community :) :)

We probably should discuss this in a meeting rather than online, because there isn't one-fits-all answer. It sounds like what you're looking for is to get out of Jira and into Rally but not maintain sync between them, so just a one-time migration. Is that correct?

If so, then probably our most recently connector (Jira/Rally WIC) is the best choice. Yet, there are limitations to that connector, plus when you say "export all of my Jira content into Rally", we will need to learn the types of objects, the data volume.

This can easily become a services engagement if the effort is too large.

Will you want us to meet to discuss so that we can try to scope this?

Thanks,
    Sagi

• 7.  RE: How to migrate all data from Jira to rally

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2022 03:51 PM
    Hi Dan,

Did you see my reply here from 2 days ago?  Can you send me your email privately and we'll setup a call?

Sagi​

• 8.  RE: How to migrate all data from Jira to rally

Posted Apr 11, 2022 03:39 PM

@David LeDeaux,

How do I get the Jira connector? That link no longer works.

Regards,

Dan Green