Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  New feature release: Pinned Items & Recent Items

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2020 10:14 AM
    Edited by Andrea Schilde Nov 09, 2020 10:14 AM

Hello Rally Users,

Happy Monday!

We have exciting news about two of our Rally Labs features.

Pinned Items and Recent Items have just been removed from Rally Labs and are now generally available in Rally for all of our users.

Below please find some more detailed information about these helpful features.

Pinned Items 

You can now pin work items that matter most to you and access them from one convenient location.

You can add and remove items to/from the Pinned Items list. You add items through the action menu on either the detail editor or a card.  You can remove items from the list by selecting the X icon when viewing the Pinned Items list. The list supports a maximum of 15 work items.

As a developer, you might want to pin the items you are currently working on for quick access and updates. As a scrum master, you might be interested in pinning all items that are blocked and need your follow-up. As a Product Manager or Project Manager, you might want to pin the portfolio items you currently have in flight or are planning to start discussing with your teams.

Pinned Items

Recent Items

You can also view your ten most recently viewed items in the same location. Recent items are automatically added to your Recent Items list after you view them.  The list supports a maximum number of 10 work items, retaining the most recently viewed items. This list does not include items that you have just created.

Recent Items

Both lists are available from the top-right corner of Rally.

Please reach out if you have any questions.

Best,

Andrea & The Rally Product Team

------------------------------
    Product Manager
    Rally Software

Product Manager
    Rally Software

• 2.  RE: New feature release: Pinned Items & Recent Items

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2020 01:26 PM
    This sounds very useful! I'm having trouble figuring out how to pin a story. Can you clarify that for me?

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 3.  RE: New feature release: Pinned Items & Recent Items

Posted Nov 10, 2020 06:03 AM

Hi there, Kim,

I had a moment with this one too.

I was clicking away on the new Pin button next to my profile picture, and it was just telling me I didn't have any pinned items to show.

The 'Pin' option is present on the Actions menu for a given item -- the three vertical dots at the upper left.  And not just for "work items" (as I understand the term), but individual Test Cases and Tasks within work items' collections, too .

It's not available for those 'pseudo-items', Test Folders, nor for other types of pages, like Timesheets... (And it wasn't available on a Portfolio Feature item I'd had open for a day or two but not refreshed since the update -- though I probably shouldn't admit to such behaviour!)

Nice functionality!

Best,
    --Nev.

• 4.  RE: New feature release: Pinned Items & Recent Items

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 10, 2020 11:18 AM

Hi @Kim Peelman,

thanks for your post and I am sorry if the instructions were not clear enough.

Below please find a screenshot showing the action menu, which can be accessed from our full page, as well as our quick detail editor.

Hope this answers your questions.

Best,

Andrea

Pinned Items - Action Menu

Product Manager
    Rally Software

• 5.  RE: New feature release: Pinned Items & Recent Items

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 10, 2020 11:34 AM
    Ahhh I see now. Thanks!