Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Defects - New story is defaulting to Plan Estimate = 5, and Help gives me a 404 error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2020 03:55 PM
    1. When I'm in a feature, I click Add New story, then I click Add with Details, the "Plan Estimate" is defaulting to 5. Same happens when I create a story, then select Create + New.
    2. When I click Help in the top right corner I get a 404 error message. 

I tried to fill out a support ticket, but the fields kept being cleared, and I didn't know most of the required answers anyway, so I'm posting this here. Thank you for you attention. 

------------------------------
    Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 2.  RE: Defects - New story is defaulting to Plan Estimate = 5, and Help gives me a 404 error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 17, 2020 09:33 AM
    Hi Kim,
    Thanks for reporting the 404 in the help files.  Here is the page that help button should go to:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/agile-development-and-management/rally-platform-ca-agile-central/rally/using-top/getting-started-rally-portfolio-manager/track-portfolio-items.html

As far as the problem with the Plan Estimate value defaulting to a value, you may want to check to see that someone has not added a work item template that would control the value.  If that is not the case, please let me know and I can help enter a support case.

Tonia

Documentation and Training Lead
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Defects - New story is defaulting to Plan Estimate = 5, and Help gives me a 404 error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 17, 2020 11:45 AM
    Thanks! That's very helpful.

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX