Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Defects list per Feature(s)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2019 06:22 AM

hi

Could you please let me know if there is a way to get defects per feature over a period?

for example, during Oct,Nov, Dec, we planned to deliver 10 features. there could be multiple user stories associated with these feature.

i want to get a report of all the defects for these 10 features.

appreciate your help.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Defects list per Feature(s)

Posted Jan 04, 2019 09:53 AM

Hey yenna,

I tried to create a query for this scenario.

I used Release Start date below as an example. If you want a specific period, then you can do "> certain date and < some other date" to get what you want.

You can use this in a Custom List that shows defects.

(Requirement.PortfolioItem.Release.ReleaseStartDate > "2018-05-22T23:59:59.000Z")

Do let me know if this worked.

Regards,

Niveditha

• 3.  Re: Defects list per Feature(s)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2019 01:00 PM

Hi,  Thinking about this question, it is not so easy to construct a query, here's why:  A user story can be associated with the Feature and a defect is associated to that story, but the defect may or may not be associated to the feature directly (an implicit link).  The same occurs with Test Cases.  The query would have to cascade through every item within that feature and all of its children to find Any and All defects to give you a complete list of defects.  That being said, you could try the App - Custom List With Deep Export.  Then use the Export Portfolio Items and Child Items...  option.  In my testing, I seem to be getting the defects - please double-check my findings to make sure that you're getting All Defects under your features.

Thanks,

Edwin