Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Rally Rest API returning date object in String but in different time zone (set in my work space) . Any solution to change time-zone in response ?

Posted Aug 14, 2018 04:26 AM

Rally Rest API returning date object in String but in different time zone (set in my work space) . Any solution to change time-zone in response ?

• 2.  Re: Rally Rest API returning date object in String but in different time zone (set in my work space) . Any solution to change time-zone in response ?

Posted Aug 14, 2018 04:40 AM

Sudhakar,

The WS API will return date/time objects in UTC.  You will need to apply any offset necessary.  A bit more information is available here:

Time zones in WSAPI - CA Knowledge 

Michael

• 3.  Re: Rally Rest API returning date object in String but in different time zone (set in my work space) . Any solution to change time-zone in response ?

Posted Aug 14, 2018 04:50 AM

Thanks Michael,

Yes you are right and i also observe this behavior in REST response ("CreationDate": "2018-06-05T06:38:29.754Z",) .

My problem is like can we get result in my the same time zone of my Work space.

Or

There is only solution to do necessary changes in timezone of Response.

• 4.  Re: Rally Rest API returning date object in String but in different time zone (set in my work space) . Any solution to change time-zone in response ?

Posted Aug 14, 2018 04:55 AM

Sudhakar,

There is only the solution to do necessary changes in the response, there is not any option to change how the WS API returns the Time.  You can always find the time zone setting of the Workspace by following this article:

How to find Timezone settings for a Workspace and - CA Knowledge 

then apply that in your code.

Hope that helps.

Michael