Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  How to see role and project under owner name on work item?

Posted Jun 07, 2018 09:48 AM
      |   view attached

When I change the owner of a work item in Agile Central, the users Role and Project they are a member of pops up under their name.   Other users change Owners on work items and do not see this.  Is there some setting that I have enabled that allows this to happen?  How can I get this feature working for other users?

I am a subscription admin for the site.  Even other subscription admins cannot see this.

• 2.  Re: How to see role and project under owner name on work item?

Posted Jun 07, 2018 11:50 AM

Hi Mark,

That is honestly really cool, but that is not designed functionality as far as I know, and I certainly can't reproduce that at all! Do you have some sort of awesome browser add-in or something that could be doing that? 

• 3.  Re: How to see role and project under owner name on work item?

Posted Jun 07, 2018 11:50 AM

Also does that happen when you use QDP (the half-page view)?

• 4.  Re: How to see role and project under owner name on work item?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 07, 2018 03:14 PM

We do have a chrome extension that is used to lookup user names when using mentions in Discussions to ensure you have the right user..  and no, this does not work in QDP.  The data populates a few seconds after the auto save of the user name in the full view.

I just looked into the docs of our chrome extension, and it appears that this is the piece that is doing it.  Makes sense now that I see this but other do not..  my extension works well, but others have been having issues.

Thanks.

• 5.  Re: How to see role and project under owner name on work item?

Posted Jun 07, 2018 03:24 PM

Hmm yeah I would disable that extension and see what happens, that sounds like it could potentially be related ...