Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  "My User Stories"

Posted Oct 31, 2018 11:09 AM

Hi,

Doesn't seem like there's an App for viewing "My User Stories" during a sprint. This would be a nice to have in some projects - we manage stories by assigning them to users.

For instance, we first assign a story to the BA; when that person is done and requirements are in place, story is assigned to a developer; when development and testing are complete, the story is then assigned to a user for UAT and acceptance.

This would work a lot better if the users could view, at a glance, what stories are assigned to them. A simple view similar to "My Tasks" would be great.

Just putting out there, maybe others will find it useful

• 2.  Re: "My User Stories"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2018 11:48 AM

Hi Carlos,

Great idea! There are two ways you can accomplish this today:

1. Use a Custom List app and set the filters to be work that's assigned to you.
    2. Set up Notifications to alert you whenever work is assigned to you, and then use the My Notifications app for a newsfeed of everything that's been assigned to you.

Or do both! That way you'll get emails when you have a new item assigned and can see an inbox type view in Agile Central.

If you need help setting these up, please let me know.

• 3.  Re: "My User Stories"

Posted Oct 31, 2018 07:55 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, William!

We already set up notifications, and they work great. I'll look into setting up a custom list and let you know how it turns out.

Happy Halloween!

• 4.  Re: "My User Stories"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 01:15 PM

hey Carlos, just to add on to this thread, if you think My Tasks is a good example, it's very easy to change the type from "Tasks" to "User Stories" and update the query from "State" to "ScheduleState" within Settings.  To finish it off, change the title from My Tasks to My User Stories and you should be all set.  I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Edwin

• 5.  Re: "My User Stories"
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 01:30 PM

Hi everyone,

To add to all that was said:  Isn't this the kind of app your looking for ?

GitHub - RallyCommunity/my-stories 

Sagi

• 6.  Re: "My User Stories"

Posted Nov 01, 2018 05:02 PM

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you Sagi_Gabay.