Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Report showig test case results within sets

Posted Feb 11, 2019 05:16 PM

Is there a way to generate a report showing the test case results within a test set. I know how to display the results within my iteration status page, but I need a way to share these results with people within my organization that do not have access to Rally. 

Until a few months ago, there was an option in the Reports section that showed the TC results for all Test Sets within an iteration, but that was deprecated. I've tried to recreate that report using a custom HTML page, but it's not the best. 

• 2.  Re: Report showig test case results within sets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 11, 2019 09:33 PM

Hi Bernadette,

Since you know how to display the result from iteration status page, then you could click the icon to export the data(csv) from iteration status page and share with the people do not have access to Rally. 

https://docs.ca.com/en-us/ca-agile-central/saas/importing-and-exporting-data#export%20data 

Since the app has been deprecated, I think you could try to use custom list app and use test set as type, then add the Last Verdict and Result as columns to show the Results for the test set.

I hope this help.

ZhaoKun

• 3.  Re: Report showig test case results within sets

Posted Feb 12, 2019 09:02 AM

Unfortunatley, the export option from the iteration status page only shows the data at the Test Set Level, so it only shows the number of Test Cases included and the number of Test Cases that passed. I need the actual name of each Test Case in the Test Set along with the verdict for the Test Case.

The Custom List app has the same problem. 

• 4.  Re: Report showig test case results within sets
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 12, 2019 07:52 PM

Hi BernadetteRobinson1349894

So how about Print option? After you click the print button, then you could select "Summary list of items with children".

Then click "Print", from the print summary page, you could select save as PDF.

Then I think you could see the result you want.

The custom list could do the same thing.

ZhaoKun

• 5.  Re: Report showig test case results within sets

Posted Feb 19, 2019 12:49 PM

Yes, if I use the print option, I can see the results. This doesn't fit my needs though. I need the results in a table form that can be used inside another report.

• 6.  Re: Report showig test case results within sets

Posted Feb 14, 2019 04:02 PM

Have you tried using the Excel add-in (either original or the better Beta version)?  This might be a good fit.  You would export Test Case Results, and can specify fields to include from related objects like Test Case and Test Set (e.g. TestSet.Iteration).

• 7.  Re: Report showig test case results within sets

Posted Feb 19, 2019 12:50 PM

I have tried using the excel add-in, but every time I try to use the Test Case Result option, I receive an error. I have a separate thread asking about this issue.