Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  How do I display User Stories that belong to a particular Feature AND have all Dependencies (User Stories) completed?

Posted Nov 16, 2018 08:59 AM

I need to filter out User Stories I can take within given Feature, that is - I need to see a list of User Stories that belong to a given Feature AND have all dependencies completed.

• 2.  Re: How do I display User Stories that belong to a particular Feature AND have all Dependencies (User Stories) completed?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2018 02:26 PM

Are you referring to the schedule state "Complete" or are you meaning Complete as being "Accepted"?

Because if you mean Accepted, then you could query the "PercentDoneByStoryCount" in the Feature object.

So your custom list query would look like this:

Which would result in this:

• 3.  Re: How do I display User Stories that belong to a particular Feature AND have all Dependencies (User Stories) completed?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2018 02:33 PM

We can reverse this a little bit if we query up to the PorfolioItem from a User Story

This lists User Stories on each Line if the parent Feature has all stories complete

Similar logic, just a different entry point

• 4.  Re: How do I display User Stories that belong to a particular Feature AND have all Dependencies (User Stories) completed?

Posted Nov 19, 2018 12:15 PM

To query for dependencies that are done, you can put (Predecessors.ScheduleState >= "Accepted") in your query.  (Note that this will show stories with multiple predecessors so long as at least one predecessor is Accepted.)  You may want to exclude stories that are already Accepted themselves: ((Predecessors.ScheduleState >= "Accepted") AND (ScheduleState < "Accepted")).   You can add the portfolio item query to only show stories for that specific Feature:  (((Predecessors.ScheduleState >= "Accepted") AND (ScheduleState < "Accepted")) AND (PortfolioItem.FormattedID = FEA123)), where PortfolioItem is the name of the portfolio item above user stories in your workspace.