Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Restricting field 'ATTACHMENTS'

Posted Jul 12, 2018 10:57 AM

Is there a way to make it so the field 'Attachments' does not display in the User Story?

OR is there a way to add a warning message that Attachments are not allowed?

I would like to make it so no one can add attachments. When I change the subscription settings to not allow any attachments, I received an error saying at least one attachment was needed.  When I changed the setting to 'allow only the specified attachments' and chose only .tiff files, I was not able to upload any other file types, but it looked like it just was a system error/there was no message saying anything about file type being disabled.

When I looked at the fields list, I couldn't find 'attachments' listed.

Thanks for the help!

• 2.  Re: Restricting field 'ATTACHMENTS'
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2018 02:06 AM

Hi Lynch,

There actually is a red-flare warning that is displayed at the top part of the screen when anyone is attempting to attached or upload a file that's prohibited, take a look:

However, you may not have seen it cause if you were in EDP mode then you might have scrolled down and you need to scroll back up to see the error/warning.

The file is not being attached as expected, cause prohibited.

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: Restricting field 'ATTACHMENTS'

Posted Jul 13, 2018 03:46 PM

Thanks Sagi-

I see this message is only visible at the top of the screen. When we first tested this, we were in full screen mode in the User Story and did not see the message but when I went into the smaller split screen mode with the User Story open, I see the message clearly.

It would still be great to have it be fully locked down. Is this possible?

-Julie

• 4.  Re: Restricting field 'ATTACHMENTS'

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 14, 2018 12:59 AM

Hi Julie,

I appreciate your suggestion, but that must be an enhancement request. Not only it will be a change to the code to implement it, but we display many different flairs (red for errors, yellow for warnings and greed for successes) and all are displayed in the same way at the same location on the screen. So, your requirement may necessitate making some decisions about which flairs to display in different ways - so certainly it must be a request for enhancement.

If you'd like to post it, please post an enhancement request to the ideas site at: https://ideas.rallydev.com . This site requires a username. If you have no username to this site, please email at: ac-ideas@ca.com to request one.

Thanks,

Sagi

• 5.  Re: Restricting field 'ATTACHMENTS'

Posted Jul 17, 2018 05:01 AM

Julie,

You could set the 'Attachments allow only the specified file extensions' field on the Subscription to .xzqy4 or some other random string.  Then Agile Central will disallow the uploading of anything that does not have that extension without telling the user what extensions are allowed.  It would effectively disallow attachments.

Michael

• 6.  Re: Restricting field 'ATTACHMENTS'

Posted Jul 17, 2018 05:55 PM

Thanks for the input Michael! Really appreciate it.