Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Custom Page across all Projects without sharing

Posted Nov 09, 2018 03:16 PM

If I want to create a custom page, available to just me, across all projects, what is the best way to do it?

Is the only way to create the same custom page once each on all the projects?

(If I use the share projects option, then everyone is able to see the custom page and I don't want this)

• 2.  Re: Custom Page across all Projects without sharing
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 09, 2018 03:46 PM

If you create a custom page that is not shared, it's visible to you from any project in the workspace.

• 3.  Re: Custom Page across all Projects without sharing

Posted Nov 09, 2018 03:52 PM

Hey Terry,

Thanks for the quick response. That is actually right, I just tested it again.

But if I share the page with even one project, then the page is not visible from any other projects apart from where I created it and where it was shared. 

Is this the designed behavior?

Regards,

Niveditha

• 4.  Re: Custom Page across all Projects without sharing

Posted Nov 09, 2018 03:56 PM

You are correct about that.  I don't know if it was intentionally designed that way, but that is definitely what happens. My trick, in that case, is to share the page and then make a copy of it so that I still have a 'personal' version of it.

I wish there was a way to see all the pages that are shared at different points throughout the workspace.

• 5.  Re: Custom Page across all Projects without sharing

Posted Nov 09, 2018 03:59 PM

Yeah, me too.

Thanks anyway Terry! I really appreciate the quick responses. 

Regards,

Nivi