Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  How can I make a persistent Story Cumulative Flow Diagram?

Posted Jul 17, 2018 06:47 PM

We have several Epics. The Story Cumulative Flow Diagram is perfect for me to see progress on them, but I want to pin it, so I don't have to regenerate it every time. Ideally, I'd love to add it to my dashboard. Any ideas?

• 2.  Re: How can I make a persistent Story Cumulative Flow Diagram?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2018 11:43 PM

Hi Joshua,

Base on your description, I think you are using "Portfolio Item Cumulative Flow" app. You could click the gear button to check the setting page for your "The Story Cumulative Flow Diagram". Then add the same app from your DashBoard, just copy the same setting to your new "Portfolio Item Cumulative Flow" app. Then you should able to see it in your Dashboard.

The article below outlines how to add the app to your Dashboard

To access the article directly: Customize Your Dashboard | CA Agile Central Help 

Since we don't have access to your subscription. So please let us know if you are not using the "Portfolio Item Cumulative Flow" app. And your "The Story Cumulative Flow Diagram" detail info with us, so that we could identify the app you are using. 

Regards,

ZhaoKun, Du

CA Agile Central Customer Support

• 3.  Re: How can I make a persistent Story Cumulative Flow Diagram?

Posted Jul 19, 2018 12:53 PM

Thanks, ZhaoKu, Du. I don't think I am using the "Portfolio Item Cumulative Flow" app. I'm logging in to Rally, going to Reports, and I see thisWhat I see for Story chart. I can run it, it works great. I filter on a specific Epic, and the sub-stories all beautifully display. I want to pin this exact chart to my Dashboard, but it does not seem that anything like this is available in the available apps to display on the Dashboard. Any way to do it?

• 4.  Re: How can I make a persistent Story Cumulative Flow Diagram?

Posted Oct 08, 2018 02:04 PM

It doesn't look like anyone followed up on this, but I think your answer is that the use of parent/child relationships between stories to make "Epic stories" predated the ability to use Portfolio Items in the tool, so the Portfolio Item Cumulative Flow app is the direct replacement for the old story-based app that you see in Reports. You'll get a better outcome using a proper portfolio hierarchy and the newer app, and the old report isn't "app-ified" for dashboard use. Hope that helps.