I am mapping dependencies between stories to create predecessors and successors. As I do this, I'm noticing that my predecessor stories have their feature assignment removed. Here's an example from the revision history:
FEATURE removed [Feature Fxxxx: name], PORTFOLIO ITEM removed [Feature Fxxxx: name], SUCCESSORS added [USyyyy: name]
Fortunately, the Successor story does not lose its feature mapping; its corresponding revision history entry looks like this:
PREDECESSORS added [USzzzz: name]
Can anyone explain why this is happening to predecessor stories? It is driving my team crazy.
What page are you on when you do this, and what are the steps you are taking? I have not been able to reproduce this situation.
From the Portfolio Items tree grid, I display features, and expand the feature I'm working on.
I then open a story which displays in the side pane and choose the dependencies icon.
In the following screen, I "add new" (either as predecessor or successor) and "choose" an existing user story that is already mapped to a feature.
When I refresh my Portfolio Items grid, the story which I added no longer shows under its feature. I can switch to the Plan > User Stories page, and filter for stories with no feature, and I will see the story which I added (either as predecessor or successor).
I can then remap the featureless story to its correct feature, but this is an ugly workaround.
Sorry for the delay on this. I was finally able to reproduce this issue and will file a Defect for it. I'll also get a case created so we can notify you when there is a disposition on this issue.
Lowd and all,
The fix for this issue has been released! If you find any issues, please let us know.