Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  How do I add Story Points to a Defect?

Posted Jun 27, 2018 01:40 PM

The field is disabled in the Iteration Status view, and hidden in work item detail view.  Is this customizeable in the Rally instance to show this field?

• 2.  Re: How do I add Story Points to a Defect?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2018 04:41 AM

Hi,

The Plan Est field should automatically be available for Defects if you are viewing their detail page. However, if you are using the Quick Detail Page (QDP) which opens as a panel on the left you can customize which fields are displayed. If you don't see a Plan Est field then you can Show Fields icon in the upper right next to the Template button to add it back. If you still don't see it please let us know. It may be helpful to include a screenshot if you are comfortable posting it on this Community site. 

From the Track > Iteration Status page it should be included in the default view, however if you select the Defect Status default view then the Plan Est field will not be included. You can add it by Clicking the Show Columns button to the left of the Views drop down. Once you have it and any other field you are interested in added you can save your new view for future convenience.

I hope this information helps!

• 3.  Re: How do I add Story Points to a Defect?

Posted Jun 29, 2018 01:54 PM

I'm not seeing a 'Templates' button.  I assume this is a permissions thing?  Here's a screenshot of a defect (redacted, of course), missing both the Plan Est field and the Templates button.plan est field missing, no templates button

• 4.  Re: How do I add Story Points to a Defect?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2018 06:28 AM

Hi Noel,

Thank you for the screenshot. You would only see the template button if you were using the Quick Detail Page, which is currently a half page that displays on the right. Based on your screenshot you are using the Editable Detail Page, which is a full page display.

It is odd that the Plan Est field isn't displayed for you by default. I did some testing and it can be hidden by an administrator. When you have a chance can you have a workplace or subscription administrator check this fields settings?

They can do this by clicking the Tools icon in the upper right to go to the Setup. From there they would select the Workspaces & Projects tab, and locate your workspace from the list. Click it to open its detail page. On the left there is a list of options, they would need to select Fields from that list. Now they would select Defect for Type and locate the Plan Est field. Click the Gear and select Edit to launch an edit window. They will want to review what has been selected for Visible to see if its visible in your workspace and project. If it isn't then they can make it visible. Here is the help article with the steps to do this as well: Create and Customize Fields | CA Agile Central Help 

If this still doesn't resolve the issue please let us know and we can continue to trouble shoot through a case. 

• 5.  Re: How do I add Story Points to a Defect?

Posted Jul 02, 2018 07:01 AM

Switching to QDP on a Defect (not my usual mode), I do personally see the Plan Est field, for what it's worth.

Ben was asking about the Template button, noted as a way of identifying where the Show Fields button is.
    I have Show Fields, but not Template.

Show Fields doesn't have a tooltip; its icon looks like what I generally think of as Customise Columns -- three horizontal lines representing a list and a plus sign.  It gives a popup that lists everything, core and custom, that can be displayed here, in my case all defaulted to ticked.

• 6.  Re: How do I add Story Points to a Defect?

Posted Jul 05, 2018 08:09 PM

The system administrator had disabled the field at the top level as you said.  Thank you for the testing and analysis!