Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to export the Portfolio items to excel due to communication failure error.

Posted Apr 30, 2018 09:30 AM

I am unable to export the Portfolio items to excel as I am facing the error " fetchWsapiRecords error: communication failure ". Do you have solution for this ?? Thanks! 

• 2.  Re: Unable to export the Portfolio items to excel due to communication failure error.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2018 02:43 PM

Hi Saravanakumar,

Are you exporting the "Project" field by any chance? 

If so, can you try to export without it and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: Unable to export the Portfolio items to excel due to communication failure error.

Posted May 11, 2018 05:04 PM

Hey Sagi,

We have run into similar issue and we removed the project field and it worked.

Just a background 

we tried similar export with project field included for a different user and it worked fine.

However with a particular user it failed continuously until we removed the project field.

Can you explain why Please?

• 4.  RE: Re: Unable to export the Portfolio items to excel due to communication failure error.

Posted Mar 04, 2020 11:49 AM
    Edited by Saravanakumar Velu Mar 04, 2020 11:49 AM
    Hey Sagi, 

I tried to export to excel without Project filed and its worked at child level project , But it dint worked for another one which i was trying to export at parent/work space level. Can you please let me know if you have any solution , thanks in advance for your help.

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Saravana
    PPM Consultant
    ------------------------------