Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Use a public monitor to display information from CA Agile Central

Posted Jun 05, 2018 10:53 AM

We are in a new space and our agile teams are collocated.  Each team has large computer/television monitors that can be used to display CA Agile for stand up meetings, demos, etc.  The question is – does anyone or how could we use these monitors to display regular updates like new defect created, build status, burn charts or other project related items?  When not in use for a specific event we would like them to display information - almost is a screen saver fashion.  If anyone is already doing this what software/hardware do you use to display information?  I assume you have a designated "fake" user to access CA Agile? 

Thanks

Rob

• 2.  Re: Use a public monitor to display information from CA Agile Central

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 05, 2018 02:29 PM

Hi Rob,

I don't know if there is a "best practice" to this, I welcome everyone else to follow up on my reply. However, my 2-cents on this is that you don't need a 'fake' user. You can use any actual user (unless you prefer not to) and perhaps either display a report or otherwise, perhaps their dashboard where you can include a few apps with the data you're interested to share.

It sounds to me like the essence of this question is how you can have the same info on screen in the room at all times for all to see. If that is what you meant then I hope my answer makes sense.

However, you can also simply have everyone in your team/s access the report or apps on their own Agile Central account at their own time - but I guess this goes without saying and it's not what you asked.

Am I understanding your question?

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: Use a public monitor to display information from CA Agile Central
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 07, 2018 05:01 AM

Hi Rob,

@RobRooney1362410

We have something like this in our open plan Development Suite, a huge one on the wall and two merely large ones that run at the 'Stand-Up stations' when they aren't in use by the teams.

I didn't post immediately because we know it only as the "Page Cycle", and it's running something installed on a specific server.  But a bit of a websearch immediately returned details of Extensions for Google Chrome that rotate or revolve through different URLs in a single tab of the browser.  Other browsers are bound to have their own equivalents too.  So that gets you half way there.  

The next consideration would be that you need some URL somewhere to be set up to show what you want.  The challenging example is New Defect created, where you can't include a URL in your cycle for something before it exists!  But you could perhaps have an App(s) on a Dashboard(s) that displays the latest Notifications and/or Watches.

Others here can advise better than I can on the power of Custom App / Custom List and so on.

Others, please do!  People in our office would love to get as many items of interest into our rotating views as we can, too!  

Regards, 

--Nev.

• 4.  Re: Use a public monitor to display information from CA Agile Central

Posted Jun 07, 2018 09:29 AM

Nev -

Thanks - very helpful

- Rob