Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Color code tags in CA Agile Central SaaS

Posted Jan 31, 2018 06:58 PM

Hello!

We've just started using tags to better categorise and track our work, and I was wondering if there was a way to change the color of the tags to make is very obvious at first glance what the severity/criticality is.

The hope is to have the non-critical "nice-to-have" cards/requests assigned a friendly blue or green, and the more critical high severity cards/requests a stern orange or red.

• 2.  Re: Color code tags in CA Agile Central SaaS
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2018 05:29 AM

Hi Ashley,

Currently it is not possible to have color coded tags. We have recently received another request for this feature, but it is not currently planned. Please visit here https://ideas.rallydev.com/ideas/D4554  and your vote and comments to help the request gain attention. It is possible to color code the stories themselves if that helps. I'm sorry that I didn't have a more helpful answer.

• 3.  Re: Color code tags in CA Agile Central SaaS

Posted Feb 01, 2018 11:49 AM

Hi Ashley;

After re-reading your question I think that West's suggestion that you color-code the story cards is the best answer. It sounds as though you want something to display in the UI based on your own categorization of the work and that's exactly what the Color picker is for. If you haven't tried it yet then there's a quick description of it in several places in the help system including at Iteration Status | CA Agile Central Help toward the end of that help page. Hope that helps.

• 4.  Re: Color code tags in CA Agile Central SaaS

Posted Feb 01, 2018 06:16 PM

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the suggestion. We presently do use the color-coded story cards to separate out end user requests and our own internal work, where the default blue cards are end users and purple cards are raised by us.

My thoughts of color-coded tags was more for the backlog screen. We have a few categories such as "Support Burden", "Feature Request", "Failure" and "Defect" along with technology specific tags. It was these categories that I was thinking of color-coding to help us decide what cards to work on during the iteration.

I guess that's what the filter is for :-)

We'll wait to see what happens with the feature request.