Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I have created two templates that I have "Shared with Project (Lab)" however the team members can't see them.  How do they get access?

• 1.  I have created two templates that I have "Shared with Project (Lab)" however the team members can't see them.  How do they get access?

Posted May 04, 2017 02:08 PM
      |   view attached

I have created a template for my team to use instead of having to continuously copy/paste.  I have clicked "Shared with Project Lab" however the team members are unable to see the templates.  My Rally does not allow me to click "Shared with Workspace (lab)."  What do I have to do so that they have access?

• 2.  Re: I have created two templates that I have "Shared with Project (Lab)" however the team members can't see them.  How do they get access?

Posted May 08, 2017 03:40 PM

Hey Erica, I'm wondering if the other members of your team have also enabled the Sharing Templates lab? If not I don't think they'd be able to see those templates. 

• 3.  Re: I have created two templates that I have "Shared with Project (Lab)" however the team members can't see them.  How do they get access?

Posted May 09, 2017 01:51 PM

To John's point, sharing with the project should be enough but ONLY if all of the users have opted in to the Template Sharing lab. Unfortunately users have to opt in individually and an admin can't do it for them but we use this lab extensively and it's quite handy. 

One additional comment: this only works on the full editable detail page. Templates and template sharing aren't available presently on the Quick Detail Page.

Hope that helps.