Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Embedding Existing Rally Apps/Pages into Confluence

Posted Feb 09, 2017 07:38 PM

I want to share a built in dashboard from Rally into Confluence. I read that there is the APIKey which works for custom apps - but I don't want to build a custom app. I just want to embed the Milestone list accessible from Plan->Timeboxes and allow people to look into the details of the Milestone. Is there a way to do this without me having to implement my own Timeboxes page? Is the way to do this using the old deprecated LoginKey instead? From what I read that seem to support going to any particular Rally page through a read-only account. (Though there are some security issues...)

• 2.  Re: Embedding Existing Rally Apps/Pages into Confluence
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 16, 2017 05:39 PM

Hi Tsai,

I do not believe you could embed Timeboxes into an external application bypassing authentication. Here is a link to Embedding Apps from our App SDK 2.1 Docs that might help:

Agile Central App SDK 2.1 Docs 

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Sean Davis

• 3.  Re: Embedding Existing Rally Apps/Pages into Confluence

Posted Apr 19, 2017 05:27 PM

Sorry not helpful Sean. What I'm looking for is the syntax for using an apiKey in a Agile Central page's URL to override the "current" user that the browser has remembered. For example, I want to create a user "readonlyviewer@mycompany.com", give it a read-only apiKey, and in an iFrame on confluence display the contents of "http://rally1.rallydev.com/..../mycuteandsefulpage?<myapiKey>" so that you can see my page but with the credentials from readonlyviewer.

Hard to imagine this is not possible.

• 4.  Re: Embedding Existing Rally Apps/Pages into Confluence

Posted Dec 21, 2018 12:03 PM

Did you ever get this working without having to build your own app?  Seems simple enough but I am not able to get it to work either.  

• 5.  Re: Embedding Existing Rally Apps/Pages into Confluence

Posted Feb 23, 2017 11:51 AM

Ok. The 2.1 SDK doesn't help since that'll require me to build my own app. I guess I can do that but it's quite a bit of work. Wish I can leverage what Rally did already. Thanks for the info.

You mentioned that Timeboxes isn't possible - What about other reports like feature progress or US in the backlog/etc?

• 6.  Re: Embedding Existing Rally Apps/Pages into Confluence

Posted Apr 19, 2017 05:24 PM

I agree with MeigyTsai1359615. I have this question, I don't think the question is answered. "you can't do that" is not an answer, true though it may be.