Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  What does this error mean? "Attribute "c_BAKanban" on type SchedulableArtifact is not allowed on query expressions"

Posted Dec 13, 2016 03:15 PM

c_BAKanban is a custom story level field.  How can we create a query on a task level custom list that looks at a specific value of this custom field?

• 2.  Re: What does this error mean? "Attribute "c_BAKanban" on type SchedulableArtifact is not allowed on query expressions"

Posted Dec 14, 2016 10:21 AM

I haven't tested this but the query for the parent story of a task doesn't use SchedulableArtifact (not a field in the task) but rather the WorkProduct field. I think that what you want is something like:

WorkProduct.c_BAKanban = "Value"

Hope that helps.

• 3.  Re: What does this error mean? "Attribute "c_BAKanban" on type SchedulableArtifact is not allowed on query expressions"

Posted Dec 14, 2016 12:37 PM

The exact query used was this:  (WorkProduct.BAKanban != "Done/Ready for Sprint") and we received this error.  Other thoughts?  Thanx!

• 4.  Re: What does this error mean? "Attribute "c_BAKanban" on type SchedulableArtifact is not allowed on query expressions"

Posted Dec 14, 2016 01:10 PM

Ah, now I see the problem- I didn't look at the WSAPI closely enough, my mistake. You're not going to be able to write this query because the WSAPI uses SchedulableArtifact to deal with the fact that tasks can have either a user story or a defect as a parent. Since you can't apply your custom fields to the SchedulableArtifact object you're limited to the fields available in https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/doc/webservice/objectModel.sp#SchedulableArtifact. The closest that you could get would probably be to use the Schedule State that maps to your "Done/Ready for Sprint" Kanban state, as in (WorkProduct.ScheduleState != "Accepted").

Wish I had a better answer for you.