Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  How to to inherit iterations set up for other projects?

Posted Aug 16, 2017 12:40 PM

I know I can inherit projects from the parent using bulk actions, however, I have a user that has a project hierarchy like this:

• Parent Project
      • Sub Parent project1
        • Team Project1
        • Team Project2
      • Sub Parent project2
        • Team ProjectA
        • Team ProjectB

The user would like for Team ProjectA to inherit iterations from Team Project2.  Is there a simple solution to this?

Note: the iterations are not set up at the Parent Project level.  Not all of the team projects are on the same schedule.

• 2.  Re: How to to inherit iterations set up for other projects?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2017 11:44 PM

Hi Patricia,

Unfortunately, I am afraid that is not a current functionality that would let you inherit the iteration from another project as your example. Base on it, Team ProjectA just can sync the iterations from Sub Parent project2 or Parent Project. But not able from Team Project2 even Sub Parent project1. 

The article below outlines this function.

To access the article directly:

Create an Iteration | CA Agile Central Help 

I can certainly understand how an improvement of this functionality is beneficial and would like to encourage you to promote this idea in Rally Ideas (https://ideas.rallydev.com) and provide any discussion items that you think might be valuable.

Your Rally Ideas account activates by logging in using your Rally username and password.