Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Custom Portfolio Kanban State field

Posted Sep 18, 2017 04:16 PM

Is it possible to create a custom Portfolio Kanban State field that is only applicable to one project?

• 2.  Re: Custom Portfolio Kanban State field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2017 04:50 PM

Hello Sgrasso,

Yes, it is technically possible to create separate Kanban states for separate projects. 

Check the video towards the bottom of the screen on the how-to:

Kanban Board | CA Agile Central Help  

Thank you,

Ruchika

• 3.  Re: Custom Portfolio Kanban State field

Posted Sep 19, 2017 08:50 AM

Ruchika - Thanks for your response. However, the how-to section that you referenced is related to User Story Kanban Boards.

I am looking to change a single Project's Portfolio level Kanban Board's Kanban State field which is a built-in field.  I have found that any changes to this field impacts all Portfolio Kanban Boards in the Workspace.

kanbanState field Edit screen

• 4.  Re: Custom Portfolio Kanban State field
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 21, 2017 06:43 AM

Hi Stephen,

I'm very sorry for any confusion. You are correct. The Portfolio Item's Kanban fields are only able to be edited on the Workspace level. I did see a recent suggestion for the ability to customize this at the project level on Agile Central Ideas. You can view it here https://ideas.rallydev.com/ideas/D4536 . When you have the time please visit it to add your comments and vote. This can help it gain attention. I'm sorry that I don't have a better option to provide. Please let us know if you have any questions.

• 5.  Re: Custom Portfolio Kanban State field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2017 01:33 PM

Thank you for the clarification, Stephen. I see West has responded to your question. 

Best,

Ruchika