I recently upgraded to Office 2016. I know Excel 2016 is not a supported version for the Excel Add-In, but it seems to work fine, apart from one quirk. I have a worksheet with one tab that does an Export from Rally. When I run this Export, stray data from the first tab appears to the right of the extracted data, on the new rows only. There is nothing on this tab that references the first tab. (There are two columns that concatenate data from the extract.)
Is anyone else using the Excel Add-In with Excel 2016? Has anyone else seen this behavior?
The only issue we have gotten in support regarding Excel 2016 is where function buttons are missing from the connection box. This one you have discovered is very strange. Are the tabs blank (void of data) when you initiate the export?
Hi, thanks for the response. The tab is not blank. The Excel file is used for daily import of portfolio data, and this tab contains what was already imported (so we don't dupe data). It has about 3,000 rows. There are two cells to the right of each table row that extract and concatenate table data (and we drag these two cells down to new rows returned by the Export). Since I upgraded to Excel 2016, when I run the Export, stray data is pulled in from another tab on the new rows, to the right of the table data. (There is another Admin who has his own copy of this spreadsheet, and he has the same issue.)
I tried creating a new (blank) tab and running the Query, but could not recreate the issue.
It sounds like you have a workaround, though it may not be ideal in your case. Earlier this year there was indication that a re-write of the UI for the add-on was planned but I'm not sure where that is on the roadmap and if it includes support for Excel 2016.
I know a lot of users would like to see a rewrite of the Excel add-in to move it to SDK2.0 (and support Milestones, etc.). I didn't see it on the 3Q roadmap
It would be great indeed, unfortunately I just learned as you say not on the map currently.