Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Has anyone created a kanban-style app that exposes Flow State?

Posted Apr 11, 2018 12:32 PM

A number of our teams like using the Team Board with a customized flow, but want the added ability to use swim lanes. 

The Custom Board app lets you pick Flow State for the column configuration, but it doesn't include WIP limits or exit agreements, and only shows one type of object, so you have to choose User Story or Defect. 

The Kanban Board app includes WIP and exit agreements, and shows both stories and defects, but doesn't allow you to choose Flow States for the columns.  Has anyone modified the Kanban Board so that you can use Flow States for the columns rather than a Custom State?  The benefit of Team Board is that we don't need to create custom states for teams.  We'd really like to leverage that with the Kanban Board app.

• 2.  Re: Has anyone created a kanban-style app that exposes Flow State?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 15, 2018 04:50 PM

Hi Terry,

I hope I am not missing something but I believe the "Portfolio Kanban Board" app (available in App Catalog) should work for all you mentioned. You can add it from the App Catalog, see my screen shot below. You can use the app's Settings to fine tune it to your needs , possibly include a swimlane. 

If this is not allowing you what you requested, please let us know what it isn't allowing you to achieve.

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: Has anyone created a kanban-style app that exposes Flow State?

Posted Apr 16, 2018 07:56 AM

Hi Sagi,

The Portfolio Kanban App only works for Portfolio Items, which don't have a Flow State.  I'm looking for a way to have a kanban-style board with WIP limits, exit agreements and swim lanes that can display Work Items (User Stories and Defects) by Flow State rather than Schedule State.  The custom board has this setting but only shows one type of item at a time and doesn't include WIP or exit agreements.