Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Can existing stories populate the Idea Manager with ideas?

• 1.  Can existing stories populate the Idea Manager with ideas?

Posted Jan 04, 2018 08:13 PM

A little background about how my non-traditional Agile team is setup: to complement our Agile process and double check our work, my team employs "User Engagement" during our development process -- we review and gather user feedback for user stories as we build items in our backlog. The purpose of this is to ensure we're building (and releasing) what users truly need, allowing us to pivot should users' needs change from the original story. In a sense, we're "tasting the stew as we cook it, rather than hoping it's delicious at the end."

What I'm wondering: if my backlog is already populated with user stories, could I populate the Ideas Manager with new ideas from the existing stories, then track user feedback/comments?

So essentially, the reverse of how the Idea Manager is designed to work. I wouldn't promote ideas into stories, but rather gather feedback for existing stories via the Idea Manager.

• 2.  Re: Can existing stories populate the Idea Manager with ideas?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2018 12:19 PM

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for the questions. Based on the way that the Idea Manger Integration and mapping is setup there would need to be an artifact type for Idea Manager to reference and therefore the way you are wanting to do it would not following the mapping setup.  For your reference I have included the information from our help pages on how to manage Idea Manager and end user functionality.

Manage Ideas | CA Agile Central Help 

CA Agile Central Idea Manager for End Users | CA Agile Central Help 

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Christian Maldoff