Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Has anyone come up with a good way to export...

Posted May 14, 2015 09:54 PM
    Has anyone come up with a good way to export the entire Portfolio hierarchy? I've searched the docs and the support site, the app catalog, etc.  So far all I can do is export one level of the portfolio, showing the parent item.

• 2.  Re:

Posted May 18, 2015 06:04 PM
    Bret, I have not found that either, so built an excel worksheet that uses the Rally Plug-in.  I created tabs for Themes, Initiatives and Features and along with a pivot table tab. Build queries for each portfolio items, then use vlookup to get the parent of an item in order to return the values up the hierarchy.   The pivot allows for easy analysis of items, depending on the question at hand.  I've attached a sample worksheet that you could start with as an example.

• 3.  Re:

Posted May 22, 2015 05:07 PM
    Thanks, @Kendall Alton, I'll give it a try!

• 4.  Re:

Posted Jun 12, 2015 12:15 PM
    I have created this Rally idea to give us a comprehensive downloadable portfoilo item report - can you vote it up? https://ideas.rallydev.com/ideas/D3597

• 5.  Re:

Posted Jun 12, 2015 12:22 PM
    Bret - here's what we do cuerrently - see attachment.

• 6.  Re:

Posted Jun 12, 2015 04:39 PM
    I've voted that idea up. Thanks for notifying me that it exists! I'll check out your PDF when I get a spare moment.

• 7.  Re:

Posted Feb 05, 2016 08:01 PM
    Upvoted @Michiko Diby's idea. Feedback for @John Streeter about Rally Ideas... from a customer voice perspective it's a black hole. Commenting and upvoting are fine but there's absolutely no feedback loop from the CA product owners on whether an idea is being considered or whether it has been explicitly ruled out. There's an improvement opportunity there!

• 8.  Re:

Posted Feb 08, 2016 09:36 AM
    @Charlie Dalton @Mia Tierney good feedback regarding Agile Central #[Idea Manager]