Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  New!  Beta Multi-Value Custom Fields   Subscription and workspace administrators can now...

Posted Feb 02, 2016 11:11 AM

New!  Beta Multi-Value Custom Fields

Subscription and workspace administrators can now create multi-value custom fields for users. These fields are configured in the Field editor pop-up window after you select Drop Down List (Multi Value) as the type of field.

Once configured by an admin, the multi-value drop-down list will be available on the same pages that can contain custom fields, which includes:

• Detail pages
    • Grids
    • Boards
    • New advanced search component

#[Open Beta] #[Custom Fields] #[What's New] 

• 2.  Re:

Posted Feb 15, 2016 06:54 PM
    Hey @John Streeter, I know this is a beta but wanted to check: at the moment it appears that we can't filter  on a Multi-select dropdown field in the Custom List app. Is that planned or will it remain as-is? Thanks

• 3.  Re:

Posted Feb 16, 2016 09:47 AM
    Hi @Greg Shield, we don't currently have this functionality but it's feedback we've heard and are looking at!  Stay tuned to this group (Join) to make sure you're in-the-know for new updates!  Thanks!

• 4.  Re:

Posted Feb 25, 2016 05:25 PM
    Super excited about this. Is there any way we can change an existing field to now support multi-values? We have a heavily used custom field which defines who the respective QA person is for a story. We now want to change the type from dropdown to multi-value dropdown so we can now have multiple QA folks set. Any ideas?

• 5.  Re:

Posted Mar 02, 2016 09:47 AM
    @Martin Minnaar I don't think there's a way to change the field type after it's been created.  Only new fields can be setup as multi-value dropdown.

• 6.  Re:

Posted Mar 22, 2016 01:44 PM
    Please, please add sorting & filtering support for multi-select dropdown.  I was hoping to replace using tags with those to identify the impacted teams on a given feature but its not possible as is.  I haven't been able to make a custom query on them either.

• 7.  Re:

Posted Mar 22, 2016 04:28 PM
    It would also be nice be able to select one of the values on the dropdown (single and multi) as the default value that will automatically display when field is selected using the "show on cards".

• 8.  Re:

Posted Mar 24, 2016 04:43 PM
    Don't seem to be able to bulk-edit this field...would expect something like tags and milestones showing values that are selected for all selected hierarchicalReqs (+) and for some selected hierarchicalReqs (-)