Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Has anyone heard an ETA on the inclusion of the...

Posted Jul 21, 2016 03:26 PM

Has anyone heard an ETA on the inclusion of the new Multi-Value Dropdown field type in the WSAPI? We're hoping to use it in our external BI data source but can't query it yet. @Stephanie Tanner?

• 2.  Re:

Posted Jul 21, 2016 03:54 PM
    Hmm, you should be able to query all artifacts with a specific multi-value dropdown value. What query are you trying to use?

• 3.  Re:

Posted Aug 02, 2016 07:58 AM
    @Stephanie Tanner I'm waiting for my BI team to get back to me and to describe what it is that they can't do with the field. I was under the mistaken impression that multi-value fields weren't yet available in the WSAPI but when I go to the API I can clearly query for a specific value. The problem might be that our BI team isn't querying on a specific value(s) but rather trying to add the contents of the field to the ETL job that builds our Agile Central data source for external reporting. Will report back or open a support case if warranted when I know more. Thanks!

• 4.  Re:

Posted Aug 02, 2016 09:41 AM
    The multi-value querying is a little different than for other fields. One of our developers took a look at it and you can't do field = "value".  You have to query using allowed values.  So, your query might look more like field contains allowedattributevalue/123456. It's very complicated and not user friendly, but it will do the trick...