Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Question reagarding CA Agile Central Connector for Jira

Posted Nov 03, 2016 01:39 AM

Hi,

I have a question regarding the connector. 

I have mapped fix-version of Jira with Iteration field of Rally. When i update either of them, they work fine. But when i clear the value from one system (Jira / Rally) then this value do not pass through the connector. I want my connector to clear the value from other system too. Can somebody please help. If this is not the right place to post this question can someone help me with posting it in correct place

Log shows that it has been updated but in reality it does nothing.

Log

[2016-09-21 18:02:08 Z] INFO : RallyEIF::WRK::Connector.update_rally - Rally story USXXXX updated from JIRA User Story ***-XXXX

Thanks,
    Durga

• 2.  Re: Question reagarding CA Agile Central Connector for Jira

Posted Nov 03, 2016 01:42 AM

If anybody has already gone through such an issue, please provide some assistance.

• 3.  Re: Question reagarding CA Agile Central Connector for Jira

Posted Nov 09, 2016 10:11 AM

Hi there, it looks like you've submitted a case for this issue, which is definitely the right way to go in this instance. CA Support will help you get this resolved with a bit of investigation.

• 4.  Re: Question reagarding CA Agile Central Connector for Jira
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 09, 2016 11:50 PM

Answer by Support team

This is actually working as designed. The reason for this is that different systems treat null or empty values for given field types inconsistently, so the Dev team chose not to nullify values during updates due to this disparity. Reflection of null values is further complicated by the fact that users are able to map a field of one type in one system to a field of another type in the other system

• 5.  Re: Question reagarding CA Agile Central Connector for Jira

Posted Nov 10, 2016 09:49 AM

Thank you very much for posting the solution! I'm certain others will find that very helpful!