Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Moving User Stories to the Backlog

Posted Apr 20, 2017 08:38 AM

I just took over for a departed Iteration Manager.  He has a bunch of existing user stories that he had put into a fictional Sprint 99.  I removed the Sprint assignment, which I assumed would return them to the backlog.  However, the backlog does not show any user stories.  I see in the help documentation how to add new User Stories into the Backlog.  How do I move existing User Stories there?

• 2.  Re: Moving User Stories to the Backlog

Posted Apr 20, 2017 11:01 AM

Hey Brian, this actually would have been a lot easier if those stories were still associated with Sprint 99 because then we'd know how to locate them all! I'm guessing they are probably still scheduled in some way - maybe a Release? 

I would probably create a Custom List and see if you can locate them all. Then, use bulk edit to remove any timebox from these stories. As long as they're not schedule to any iteration (and have no children stories), they will show up in the Backlog again. 

Do the same as this -- but maybe with Release:

• 3.  Re: Moving User Stories to the Backlog

Posted Apr 20, 2017 02:40 PM

Brian, your stories are almost certainly in the Release Backlog, so if you go to Plan >> Team Planning and select the Release Backlog view in the dropdown immediately to the right of the Add New button then you'll find your stories there. Hope that helps.