Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

How do I use User Story criteria to determine the Task level data to display?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  How do I use User Story criteria to determine the Task level data to display?

Posted 10-21-2016 05:14 PM

I have been asked to create a custom task board that can be limited by a custom field at the User Story level.  One of our team wants to be able to review in daily standups a task board that only shows a stories tasks if the story has passed the second lane of the kanban workflow.  I have tried querying using the (Userstory.c_customKanbanworkflow > field name) and (UserStory.ScheduleState >= 'In-Progress') and the error message  returned is Could not parse: Could not find attribute "ScheduleState" on type Task in the query segment "ScheduleState",  How do I use User Story criteria to determine the Task level data to display? #taskboard 

• 2.  Re: How do I use User Story criteria to determine the Task level data to display?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 10-21-2016 05:27 PM

Hey Stephanie, I think you're ALMOST there. If you take a look at the WSAPI doc, you might be able to find the field references you're looking for. 

I think if you're scoped to Tasks using the Task Board app, if you want to traverse up to the User Story's ScheduleState then you have to do something like: 

WorkProduct.ScheduleState > "In-Progress"

Give that a shot and let us know how it goes!

• 3.  Re: How do I use User Story criteria to determine the Task level data to display?

Posted 10-24-2016 04:56 PM

Thank you!  That was what I needed!

Stephanie

• 4.  Re: How do I use User Story criteria to determine the Task level data to display?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 10-24-2016 05:04 PM

Glad to hear it!