Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Rally Insights stuck in Demo mode?

Posted Jun 08, 2016 04:59 PM
    I'm using Rally Insights and it says "Demo Mode." Cool. So I click on Demo Mode button and get the pop-out "Welcome to Demo" with options to "Get me out of here" or "Get started." I click "Get Started" and the pop-out goes away and a little green box pops up on the right side. The new green box says "You're in Demo Mode! Click here to exit". I click there, and it still says Demo Mode... What am I doing wrong?

• 2.  Re: Rally Insights stuck in Demo mode?

Posted Jun 10, 2016 01:03 AM
    The feature is still in 'beta' and so that may explain that. Regardless, it's a bit confusing. You're not in demo mode if the project name on the Insights page where the chart appears, lists that project name. You're in demo mode if the project name on the Insights page where the chart appears, lists Sample Demo Project as the project name.

• 3.  Re: Rally Insights stuck in Demo mode?

Posted Jun 10, 2016 07:22 AM
    Dan, the Demo Mode banner is a (rather confusing) button intended to activate demo mode, not to tell you that you're in demo mode. As Sesh indicated, when you click Get Started you'll be in the sample project and if you click to exit then you're back in your own project, but the button to toggle demo mode on and off never goes away.

• 4.  Re: Rally Insights stuck in Demo mode?

Posted Jun 10, 2016 09:09 AM
    Wow. Confusing. Thanks for the replies. That makes sense.

• 5.  Re: Rally Insights stuck in Demo mode?

Posted Jun 10, 2016 11:41 AM
    Sure, no problem. Glad that helped!