Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Is there anyway to user statistics? usage stats, last logged...

Posted Dec 07, 2015 05:06 PM

Is there anyway to user statistics? usage stats, last logged in, activity such as stories created?

• 2.  Re:

Posted Dec 11, 2015 01:03 PM
    @Andrew Knevitt, the only thing we (Support) can provide is a Usage Report, but it doesn't show the kind of detail you're looking for.  There might be the ability to do this in a custom app, but I haven't seen anything like that myself.

• 3.  Re:

Posted Dec 13, 2015 04:25 PM
    Think its pretty common in other agile PM tools (such as JIRA) not to provide user stats...but to be honest can't understand why. Most of us are challenged by business cases for license cost, investing in tool capability, and recognising success...our business case for Rally is based around visability on a large complex program and the best way to identify this is with usage stats. We have increased active usage (logged on in the past 4 weeks) in the past 6 months from about 200 users to a little over 1,000. Is that a good result? I'd argue that its a great result, but we don't have the data to support and now getting push back on cost (as our license numbers are growing). Looking at tools like Yammer, the usage stats functionality is a key feature of the product. Think there is a real opportunity for Rally in this space as this sort of functionality can directly suppoprt internal business case numbers.

• 4.  Re:

Posted Dec 14, 2015 09:39 AM
    @Andrew Knevitt, all great points.  Have you checked out ideas.rallydev.com yet?  I'm wondering if there are other folks who feel the same way.  If not, I say post the idea out there and get others to vote whether they'd want to see features like this as well!

• 5.  Re:

Posted Dec 14, 2015 09:40 AM
    @Customizing CA Agile Central anyone know of good custom apps to gather more "usage"-type metrics?