Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  I have a user trying to create a custom page...

Posted Feb 09, 2016 11:18 AM

I have a user trying to create a custom page that shows all tasks whose name contains a field and whose parent OR grand-parent has a specific tag. I can easily create a custom grid page for the task name filter and the parent tag filter, but I'm struggling to get the parent's parent tag data.

• 2.  Re:

Posted Feb 11, 2016 10:00 AM
    Matthew, I'm not sure you can traverse up to the parent's PARENT tag data.  Definitely not in the custom list app -- maybe with a custom app, though!

• 3.  Re:

Posted Feb 15, 2016 10:09 AM
    @John Streeter, you're correct- the problem is that because a Task can be the child of either a story or a defect, it has WorkProduct as a parent from which you can't traverse up to the grandparent. WorkProduct for the Task has SchedulableArtifact as a parent object so there's no path to get to grandparents from there, at least without heavy custom app development.

• 4.  Re:

Posted Feb 16, 2016 09:35 AM
    Thanks for the confirmation @Eric Nash!

• 5.  Re:

Posted Feb 16, 2016 09:37 AM
    Thanks a lot for the replies - this is pretty much what I thought, just wanted to make sure there wasn't something obvious I was missing in the workflow as I'm still pretty new to it.