Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Does anyone have experience pulling data from AgileCentral into Tableau?...

Posted Feb 17, 2016 09:11 AM

Does anyone have experience pulling data from AgileCentral into Tableau?     It appears one would need to "build" a WDC (Web Data Connector) and it also seems Tableau would support APIKeys but I am kind of out of my element with Tableau.

• 2.  Re:

Posted Feb 23, 2016 08:40 AM
    @Ken LaFrance, care to elaborate on how we did it?

• 3.  Re:

Posted Feb 23, 2016 08:55 AM
    Hi Betsy, we do pull our Agile Central data "into Tableau", but we did not use Tableau's WDC to do so and reports don't access AC directly. We had so many varying reporting needs not available in AC, that it made more sense for us to pull data into a relational database via a Talend job, and some custom code, which accesses AC's API directly. We then created a number of views which are published to Tableau server as data sources.  End users access the data source they need from there. There is no live connection to AC from a reporting perspective.  We update our data sources several times per day. This isn't real-time, but most of the reporting we're interested in doesn't need to be to be successful. I hope this is helpful.

• 4.  Re:

Posted Feb 23, 2016 08:58 AM
    @Ken LaFrance Yes this was very helpful to know and I do understand what you mean by reporting needs, they change very frequently and differ tremendously between groups.   Thank you for sharing!

• 5.  Re:

Posted Sep 09, 2016 04:42 PM
    Ken, we are facing the same situation.  We will probably use SSIS instead of Talend, but use the same approach.  My question is:  what custom coding was required?  Login,authentication, etc.?

• 6.  RE: Re:

Posted Dec 03, 2020 04:37 PM
    Hi,

Is there any way/workaround that can be used to pull information from Rally, into Tableau? Need not be an absolute live connection