Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Hi, I am trying to import user stories from excel and associate those to tasks that will be improted from excel as well. Is there an easy way to do this as this will be reused

• 1.  Hi, I am trying to import user stories from excel and associate those to tasks that will be improted from excel as well. Is there an easy way to do this as this will be reused

Posted Jun 29, 2016 04:48 PM

• 2.  Re:

Posted Jul 05, 2016 09:23 AM
    If I understand your question correctly, you want to add a list of user stories, and then add a set of tasks (the same tasks) to each user story.  You could accomplish this by using the Excel Add In.  Create tabs for importing user stories and tasks.  Run the user story import, capture the new user story ids (you could create an export query on another tab of your spreadsheet to pull them out), then paste the IDs on your list of tasks, having the same set repeated once for each user story.

• 3.  Re:

Posted Jul 06, 2016 08:30 AM
    Can the same method be used for linking User Stories to Features?  We'll be migrating a Workspace to another Rally Server.  I believe you must do this via Excel as there is no Workspace migration tool.  Thank you,

• 4.  Re:

Posted Jul 06, 2016 09:23 AM
    You are correct, there is no workspace migration tool.  You can do this either using the import option on one of the list views or using the excel add-in tool.  When you select the import option it will give you the schema so you can identify what information you need to provide to tie user stories to features (I believe it's the object ID, not the formatted ID).