Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Export WSJF Score using Excel plug in

Posted Nov 07, 2016 03:14 PM

I have installed the Excel plug in and am using it to export data.  I am able to export much of the data I need but two fields yield no results on export:  WSJF Score and Milestones.  Do these fields require special treatment in order for their data to be properly exported using the Excel plug in?

• 2.  Re: Export WSJF Score using Excel plug in

Posted Nov 08, 2016 01:17 PM

WSJF Score is a custom field that's not available in the Excel Add-In but you can get it easily by including it in the fields on the Portfolio Items page or a Custom List app (among others) and then exporting to CSV. Milestones aren't custom but the Excel Add-In hasn't been updated yet to query them as I recall so you'd want to use the CSV export for that as well. Hope that helps.

• 3.  Re: Export WSJF Score using Excel plug in

Posted Nov 08, 2016 04:16 PM

I am not surprised that it is a custom field although it wasn't showing up in section marked "Custom" in the version I access.  The challenge I have is that I want to create an export at one level that includes the parent WSJF Score for each item.  I am not aware of a method to display a column that contains parent info using the Custom List app (have yet to see a column selection that includes parent info and not sure if you can create columns that are not in the list of choices).  If someone has a method for showing parent info in a Custom list, I would be glad to hear it.