Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  TFS For Work Items Connector

Posted Jan 21, 2016 09:36 AM
    I've got a few questions:  
    1) If you have a field mapped, and there is no value entered for that field, yet other fields are updated the connector is saying that a value could not be found for the empty field and the update does not occur.  Is there a workaround for this, or would the solution be to make all mapped fields required in TFS.

2) Is it possible to use TaskActualTotal to map Effort from Rally over to TFS?

3) Is it possible to send over associated User Stories to a Defect in TFS as associated work items?

4) Is there a way to have the connector match up TFS names such a "John Smith", with user fields in Rally without having to maintain a csv file or mapping in the configuration.

• 2.  Re: TFS For Work Items Connector

Posted Jan 21, 2016 11:31 AM
    Yes?  How can we help?

• 3.  Re: TFS For Work Items Connector

Posted Jan 21, 2016 01:51 PM
    Hi John,
    I've got a few questions:  
    1) If you have a field mapped, and there is no value entered for that field, yet other fields are updated the connector is saying that a value could not be found for the empty field and the update does not occur.  Is there a workaround for this, or would the solution be to make all mapped fields required in TFS.
    3)Is it possible to send over associated User Stories to a Defect in TFS as associated work items?
    4)Is there a way to have the connector match up TFS names such a "John Smith", with user fields in Rally without having to maintain a csv file or mapping in the configuration.

Thanks!

Justin

• 4.  Re: TFS For Work Items Connector

Posted Jan 22, 2016 01:25 PM
    Looks like these questions are being addressed in a few cases with our Integrations support team.

• 5.  Re: TFS For Work Items Connector

Posted Jan 25, 2016 11:12 AM
    Justin, it looks like you've got several cases open with these questions -- check out https://rallycommunity.rallydev.com/cases to see them. 

• 6.  Re: TFS For Work Items Connector

Posted Jan 25, 2016 11:47 AM
    So here are my updates.  Please 
    Still Outstanding

-I am unable to get this to work.  In the logs it's detected as 0 even when it has a value in the user story.
    3) Is it possible to send over associated User Stories to a Defect in TFS as associated work items?
        -This is not supported in the connector

4) Is there a way to have the connector match up TFS names such a "John Smith", with user fields in Rally without having to maintain a csv file or mapping in the configuration.
    Still Outstanding