Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Cross-team reporting Cycle time

Posted Sep 23, 2016 06:06 PM

Hi all, I'm supporting a programme of teams (35) and want to do some common reporting on cycle/lead time across the groups. I'm specifically interested in the Accepted -> Released metric, and want to roll them up so that I'm not naming and shaming teams - but instead praising excellence across a product line. 

I can get individual team reports, but can't seem to extract the data. Anyone have any tips for this yet?

• 2.  Re: Cross-team reporting Cycle time

Posted Sep 26, 2016 09:16 AM

Hi Carla,

What product is your question referring to? 

-Chris

• 3.  Re: Cross-team reporting Cycle time

Posted Oct 18, 2016 03:50 PM

No word back from Carla yet, so today i sent her a DM and waiting a response so that we can direct this question to the correct community. 

• 4.  Re: Cross-team reporting Cycle time

Posted Oct 18, 2016 04:34 PM

Sorry, this is for the CA Agile tool, and I'm looking at the Reports -> Reports -> Cycle/Lead Time report

What I'd like to know is the values for each of my teams which make up the group, i.e. Group A has 8 teams, and I want to compare their scores against the teams in the other two groups - as well as the average.

sorry for delay in replying, was OoO for most of last week and this

• 5.  Re: Cross-team reporting Cycle time

Posted Oct 26, 2016 11:41 AM

If you want to roll your teams up into a single report then you'd want for "Group A" to be an actual project in your Agile Central project hierarchy if it's not already. If you set your focus to that project (ensuring that Show Items From: Child projects is checked) then you'll get the report results for that full node in the project hierarchy. Hope that helps.

• 6.  Re: Cross-team reporting Cycle time

Posted Jul 10, 2017 07:24 PM

I have created an idea to enhance Cycle/Lead Time app. If it makes to CA Product Backlog, you may be able to generate the report you are looking for and extract data as well. The idea number is D4471.

• 7.  Re: Cross-team reporting Cycle time

Posted Mar 07, 2018 11:19 AM

There is at least in our instance of Rally, (thing it came from git hub as it is a community app) a app that you can add to a blank page that will let you export cycle times to excel. You can run it at the parent level in rally with the "child projects" box checked in your heirarchy. that will give you data for all teams under that folder. You can pick the fields for the range, in your case it sounds like you just want "accepted" to "released". I choose to run Develop to Accepted because I want to see how long things are taking to get through dev, test, etc and be accepted.  The app can give you two files, one with all the detailed data, and one with timestamps from when each item bounced from state to state etc. Once in excel you can do all kinds of stuff with the data from a reporting perspective. The app however factors in weekend days, coding issue, so we use a formula to extract the workdays and update a revised cycle time.  We get velocity, throughput, cycle time etc all from this raw data, by team, org avg, etc.