Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Attributes in SAML federation using JUEL expressions.

Posted May 04, 2020 08:52 AM
    Hello,
    I am trying to add two strings with Java Unified Expression Language (JUEL) as an attribute.
    And from the JUEL pages I get that ${'test'+'juel'} should work with JUEL 3.0 and ${'test'.concat('juel')} should work in JUEL 2.2, but neither of them work for me while testing.

So, what version of JUEL is version 12.8.3 using, and is there a method where I can add attributes/strings.

Regards
    Per

------------------------------
    Senior System Architect
    Tieto
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Attributes in SAML federation using JUEL expressions.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 05, 2020 01:38 AM
    Hi Per

I don't know the version of JUEL in 12.8.3. However, I know that how your requirements can be done in SiteMinder. Instead of JUEL, I would recommend using User Attribute mapping in User Directory. It is easy and flexible.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/single-sign-on/12-8-03/configuring/policy-server-configuration/user-directories/user-attribute-mapping.html

Here is how to create full name in attribute mapping list. It can be used in federation partnership with a standard user attribute name. In this example, I used it as header variable in response.

Kind regards

B.K.