Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to start policy server management console

Posted Nov 28, 2019 01:10 PM

Hi ,

I am trying to configure CA siteminder single sign on. I have installed policy server v12.52. I am using 32 bit java 1.8.0_231 version. When I try to open policy server management console it gives below error :

C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\siteminder\bin>smconsole.bat

C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\siteminder\bin>java com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.SmConsole -smdir "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\siteminder"

Couldn't load javasmconsoleapi

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.services.SmConsoleAPI.java_api_init()Z

at com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.services.SmConsoleAPI.java_api_init(Native Method)

at com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.services.SmConsoleAPI.init(SmConsoleAPI.java:60)

at com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.ServerConnection.create(ServerConnection.java:39)

at com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.SettingsBean.<init>(SettingsBean.java:28)

at com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.SmConsoleImpl.initSettings(SmConsoleImpl.java:537)

at com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.SmConsoleImpl.<init>(SmConsoleImpl.java:55)

at com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.SmConsoleImpl.main(SmConsoleImpl.java:47)

at com.netegrity.sm.smconsole.SmConsole.main(SmConsole.java:19)

Please help me with the same.

Thanks,

Ketaki

• 2.  RE: Unable to start policy server management console
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2019 02:17 AM
    Hi Ketaki,

Could you show us that the jdk you installed and configured with the
    Policy Server is 32bit ?

More, you can also try to open your Dos Command line windows with
    "running as administrator..." and see if you still have the issue.

What is the OS version ?

Best Regards,
    Patrick

• 3.  RE: Unable to start policy server management console

Posted Nov 29, 2019 02:34 AM

Hi Patrick,

I was trying to install siteminder (v12.52) in windows 2012 server and 32 bit JDK. But when I tried installing siteminder with windows 2008 machine I was able to install and start policy server without any issue.

But we want to install siteminder in windows 2012 server. I have read in documents that v12.6 and above are compatible with windows 2012 machine.  Is my understanding correct?

Thanks,

Ketaki