I have a management UI on one host, with DXAgent and a DSA 1. I would like to replicate data from DSA1 to another DSA on another server/host. I have installed DXAGENT2 and DSA2 on tthe new host. I have also registered DXAGENT2 with management UI and I can automatically see DSA2 populated in my management UI. Is it possible to setup replication among DSA1 qand DSA2 through the UI? I have done that through config files in the past but trying to see if it can be done through UI. Thanks in advance.
When using mgmt UI component to manage your DSAs, things are little different compare to old text bases style configuration. To setup MW replication, using your example above, here is a brief run down on what you need to do once you successfully log into mgmt UI and see both hosts.
- Go to topology view and click on 'DSA1' and click on 'Edit' button on in the right pane.
- Once in 'Edit' mode, you want to clock on 'Knowledge Group' tab and here you will see 'DSA2' in the left column.
- Bring this 'DSA2' to right column and save the config.
- This will bring you back to topology view page and you will see one way arrow (on dotted line) from DSA1 to DSA2.
- Now perform the same steps by editing 'DSA2'.
- Once save, the arrow will be gone and you have successfully setup two way replication.
NOTE: Assuming the DSAs have multi-write and DISP recovery flags defined. If not, revisit the UI and go under appropriate tab to do so.
Keep in mind that ALL information is getting written to SERVERS folder within <dsaname>.dxi file now by the UI so you will not see any .dxc files under KNOWLEDGE, SETTINGS, LIMITS etc folder like the older version.
Hope this helps.