Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA Agent for Sharepoint VS Ca Access Gateway

Posted May 18, 2018 10:18 AM

I have one of my customer that in the past used CA Agent for Sharepoint to setup a couple of Sharepoint integration.

Now the customer has new requirements, they do not need to add more sharepoints integrations, but now they would like to setup SAML federation, OAUTH , and OpenID. So the natural path seems to me to install a CA Access Gateway. Regarding the old sharepoint integration, should they continue to work with the access gateway? I guess yes, because the legacy federation objects defined for sharepoint integration are storaged in the policy store. Am i right ?

Best regards

Claudio

• 2.  Re: CA Agent for Sharepoint VS Ca Access Gateway
    Best Answer

Posted May 18, 2018 10:35 AM

I would recommend holding onto the CA Agent for SharePoint, because CA AG does not ship with Claims Provider and Claims search functionality which is inbuilt into CA Agent for SharePoint. There is some level of overlaps in terms of the federation functionality which drives the thought that we could get away with CA AG for reasons such as the one stated here i.e. no more new SharePoint Integration. But that thought is flawed and will result into problem later. To keep it simply we ship two product for different purpose. Unless we port all functionality availability in CA Agent of SharePoint to CA AG, I'd always stick to CA Agent for SharePoint for SharePoint integrations.