One of our sso application works on reverse proxy DNS, after 15minsidle timeout we are seeing the reverse proxy DNS in the urlautomatically which should not appear as we don't want to exposereverse proxy DNS.
The Journey I'm explaining here.
1. First we hit the portal www.example.mydomain.com which authenticates against LDAP and authorize against ODBC
2. After successfully logging portal, we will launch the sso application. For example www.example.mydomain.com/sso_application
3. Ater launching sso application it will not ask for login as it usesthe same smsession.
4. For 15mins, the url will be www.example.mydomain.com/sso_application
5. Post 15mins, the url changes automatically to reverse proxy DNS which we have configured in apache ex:
www.host.mytestdomain.com/sso_application which we don't want to happen.
Portal configurations are done on apache webserver, where as ssoapplication is configured on IIS webserver
As seen, the http_host is changed when the request arrives tothe Web Agent, and that's why the Web Agent put it as target.
We've seen that httpd.conf has ProxyPreserveHost is set to no whichis mainly causing the issue.
The backend server should be referencing the reverse proxy server
hostname. You can enable the proxypreservehost setting in the virtualhost setup, as this should pass the original Host: header as sent bythe user across to the backend.
"When enabled, this option will pass the Host: line from the incoming
request to the proxied host, instead of the hostname specified in theProxyPass line.
This option should normally be turned Off. It is mostly useful inspecial configurations like proxied mass name-based virtual hosting,where the original Host header needs to be evaluated by the backendserver."
Also find below CA Communities thread with some useful information
regarding ProxyPreserveHost setup:
"If you have set 'ProxyPreserveHost On' on your apache then theHTTP_HOST(www.apache.com) header value will be forwarded to SPS.
And if your SPS did not have that hostname registered in thevirtualhost configuration then that error is expected. "
In the Apache Reverse Proxy configuration, set ProxyPreserveHostto yes to solve the issue.
KB : KB000099431