Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA Directory R14.0 Installation CAPKI Error

Posted Dec 24, 2018 05:48 AM

After installing CA Directory R14.0 successfully & created new dsa on cento7, it threw the error as below:-

$ dxnewdsa -s300 newstore 1389 "dc=company,dc=com"
    Writing the knowledge file...
    knowledge file written
    Writing the initialization file...
    Initialization file written
    Starting the DSA 'newstore'...
    newstore starting
    newstore failed to start
    Could not start dsa 'newstore'

In the logs, following error showed up: "Failed to initialise crypto/ssl libraries".

Although, I was able to fix post moving "capki" folder from iso bundle to the ca directory home. 

Question, I have here is, does this has to be a manual step everytime an installation is done, if not, what can be done as part of prerequisite to avoid occurring of this error.

Thanks,

Ankush

• 2.  Re: CA Directory R14.0 Installation CAPKI Error

Posted Dec 28, 2018 05:50 PM

Ankush

Typically the installer should have done this. You should not have to do this manual step. May I ask how did you install CA Directory? i.e. which installer from where, I think it may be a misstep in the way the install process was executed from ISO.

I remember vaguely (I would edit post, if I find it), running into a similar issue and it turned out the way the install process was executed.

It'd be beneficial if you walk us through the steps and name of the files that were used to execute the install process.

Thank You.

Regards 

Hubert

• 3.  Re: CA Directory R14.0 Installation CAPKI Error

Posted Jan 02, 2019 08:23 AM

Hi Hubert,

Version of the CA Directory : 14.0.14803

From the installation logs:--

=========================== CA OpenSSL INSTALLATION ===========================

-bash: /apps/bt/CADirectory/DVD500000000001421/linux_x86_64/capki/setup: Permission denied
    ===================== DXSERVER INSTALLATION (CONTINUED)  ======================

It seems iso which I extracted was missing permission to execute. I ran installer as "root" on centos7.x

Could this be the reason ?

Thanks,

Ankush

• 4.  Re: CA Directory R14.0 Installation CAPKI Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 02, 2019 12:31 PM

Hi Ankush,

Yes, this seems to be 99% related to some sort of permissions issue. You mentioned installing as 'root' so I am assuming you already had 'dsa' user on this system OR during the install, when prompted... you opted to create that default 'dsa' user?

In any case, it seems a permissions issue with that 'dsa' user account. Maybe it's worth checking into that.

Thanks,
    Hitesh

• 5.  Re: CA Directory R14.0 Installation CAPKI Error

Posted Jan 03, 2019 10:30 AM

Hi Hitesh,

Yes, dsa account was created during installation. I will give it a try on another system if similar issue occurs there.

Thanks,

Ankush

• 6.  Re: CA Directory R14.0 Installation CAPKI Error

Posted Jan 04, 2019 01:24 PM

Ankush

The way I typically making this work smoothly is create a OS User for CA Directory first e.g. dsa user.

Then I provide permission for "dsa" user to an install location.

Then login as 'dsa' user, copy the installer and execute. I use the path for install location which "dsa" user has permission for.

Regards

Hubert