Hello everyone, hoping this is an easy fix. I have installed a CA Directory Server 14.0 management UI for the first time, tried logging into admin console on port 3000 but I get login failed. Its possible I am not using correct password. Is there a way to reset this password using dsa commands? Thanks in advance.
As the management UI DSA itself is configured (out of the box) with:
- Access Control Rules- Password Policy Rules- No Anonymous access
Your best (and easiest) bet is to:
- Review DXHOME/config/servers/hostname-management-ui.dxi file to get familiar with password policy rules.- Construct (write down) a clear text password that matches those rules/restrictions for password value.- Shutdown this hostname-management-ui DSA and perform an LDIF dump (using dxdumpdb command line tool).- Open the resulting LDIF file and replace the 'userPasswrod' value for this account with the new clear text password.
** The value in dumped LDIF file will be your current value in encrypted format which you have already forgotten. ** The user in question will be listed as "cn=admin,ou=users,o=management-ui".
- Once you have replace the encrypted password with clear text password, simply reload the LDIF file (using dxloaddb command line tool)
- During the 'saving' operation of this value, DSA will encrypted the clear text value and store.
- Start the hostname-management-ui DSA.
- Login as you would normally do.
- If it still fails, I suggest:
* Restart node.js sevice. * Start a new browser (or a new tab) * Try to login as 'admin' with your new password.