Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Mobile OTP Enroll users via sdk/webservice/csv

Posted Sep 24, 2018 10:32 AM

Hi all,

We have a CA Strong Authentication implementation and I'm trying to build a system to bulk import the users via webservices or sdk.

And I have the following situation:

If I create a user via admin console, webservice, sd,  bulk import or ca-strongauth-sample-application, the user is created, the credentials are created, but register device (CA Desktop OTP) fails.

The OTP Client log error is

9/24/2018 5:23:22 PM : DEBUG : Received failure status from server
    9/24/2018 5:23:22 PM : INFO : Tag <msg> not found in the response xml
    9/24/2018 5:23:22 PM : DEBUG : Lib - provisioning tb8::::127.0.0.1 failed with error CAMobileApplication.OtpException: E_WRONG_XML
       at CAMobileApplication.Otp.<InitializeAsync>d__51.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at CAMobileApplication.Otp.<provisionAccount>d__0.MoveNext()
    9/24/2018 5:23:23 PM : ERROR : MainWindow  : CA Desktop OTPCAMobileApplication.OtpException: E_WRONG_XML
       at CAMobileApplication.Otp.<provisionAccount>d__0.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at CAMobileApplication.MainWindow.<provisionAsync>d__e.MoveNext()
    9/24/2018 5:23:23 PM : ERROR : MainWindow  goToProvisioning_Click : provisonsync exception in Mainwindows :System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at CAMobileApplication.MainWindow.checkDisplayNameAndChange(Account inAccount)
       at CAMobileApplication.MainWindow.<provisonsync>d__0.MoveNext()

The response xml that is sent by the server (Arcotfm) is

<response xmlns="http://xs.ca.com/CAPushAuthSvc/1.0"><status>failed</status><error>controllerError.NO_HANDLER_SET</error><reason>Controller internal error:no handler for state</reason></response>

If I create the user using /customapp application, everything is working ok.

Din any one from here tried to create the users using sdk or webservice?Am I missing some attributes or operations to implement?

Bogdan

• 2.  Re: Mobile OTP Enroll users via sdk/webservice/csv

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2018 05:20 PM

Hi Bogan, How are you providing the the AFM URL, user identifier and activation code in the mobile OTP app ?

• 3.  Re: Mobile OTP Enroll users via sdk/webservice/csv

Posted Dec 12, 2018 04:11 AM

Hi,

Sorry for a very late response, but in the last weeks I was totaly out of the office.

The enrollment for device is done using the customapp application that is shipped with the installation.

• 4.  Re: Mobile OTP Enroll users via sdk/webservice/csv

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2018 05:27 PM

please open a support case this probably needs more analysis and investigation