Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Best practices for CA Single Sign On (SiteMinder) on AWS EC2

Posted Jun 15, 2017 11:43 PM

We are planning to establish new SSO infrastructure in AWS cloud based EC2 instance (mainly Linux and Windows server combination) and looking for best practices for VPC networking and load balancing of the CA SPS, Policy Server, and Policy Stores.

Mainly our focus is on best settings for ELB (Elastic Load Balancing) across the CA SPS servers. And want to explore features of AWS to make our SSO more robust and dynamic.

Please let me know any documentation or forum links which can help us to follow best practices in setting up SSO infrastructure on Amazon Web Services.

• 2.  Re: Best practices for CA Single Sign On (SiteMinder) on AWS EC2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2017 01:25 AM

Hi,

As per the existing discussion below which was also related to AWS EC2, this seems the same situation.

Best practices for auto scaling and load balancing the CA SPS, policy server, and policy stores in AWS EC-2 instances

Please allow me to repeat the same answer to your question:

Keep in mind, performance tuning and load balancing is a wide topic, can be complex, no one can cover it for all, particularly when ELB (Elastic Load Balancing) is not a CA product.

This can usually involve CA services on a special case by case basis.

In this case, you had better to contact appropriate person such as your Account manager or CA Services. I hope this would help.

Regards,

Koichi Ikarashi

• 3.  Re: Best practices for CA Single Sign On (SiteMinder) on AWS EC2

Posted Jun 21, 2017 02:09 PM

I was expecting best practices to implement SSO on AWS. As we know that AWS comes with fruitful feature which can make SSO more effective. Pls share your experience if you have did this kind of implementation at your environment. Thanks!