Symantec Access Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to change response code returned from Post on login.fcc or shim.fcc ?

• 1.  Is it possible to change response code returned from Post on login.fcc or shim.fcc ?

Posted Dec 27, 2018 08:25 AM

My Use Case : I am building single page experience for CA SSO integrated with CA Strong Auth. I am handling all posts to server and their response on my own instead of browser. It helps me to not refresh page on every request and response.

Problem :  When I do post on login.fcc/shim.fcc with username and password, CA SSO Agent sends a 302 response with location header to redirect. Problem now with 302 is, Browser will make a GET call to url present in location header before reaching my UI application. That's how browser works.  I want to avoid that GET ( Redirect call ) from browser.

If I am able to change that response code 302 to any other number, my problem is solved. Has anybody done that before ? Is it even doable ?

Any alternate suggestions are also welcome.

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to change response code returned from Post on login.fcc or shim.fcc ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 27, 2018 10:34 AM

Good Morning Manish,

It appears this post it related directly to SSO but was posted to the CA API Management community. Just wanted to confirm the API Gateway is not in use here before getting this post to the correct group for you.

Regards,

Joe

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to change response code returned from Post on login.fcc or shim.fcc ?

Posted Dec 27, 2018 11:06 AM

Please Move.