We need to configure an Initiate Single Sign-on from the IdP or SP between the last version of CA Single Sign On (12.7 as IDP) and the our actual infrastructure that use CA SiteMinder 12.52 sp1 (as SP).
We'd like to know :
1. Is Web Agent Option Pack included in your license for CA SiteMinder 12.52 ?
2. Is CA Access Gateway (SPS) included in your license for CA SiteMinder 12.52 ?
3. If it's mandatory/best practice install the SPS in a dedicated server or if it's possible install it on the same server of a Policy Server ?
At first glance, you should note that the latest version of CA SingleSign-On (SiteMinder) is 12.8.
Here are the answers to your questions :
1. Quickly, to see if you have the license to download and use the Web Agent Option Pack and CA Access Gateway (SPS), you can try to download them :
Web Agent Option Pack 12.52SP1CR08 : Solution Document: RS98380 https://support.ca.com/us/download-center/solution-detail.html?docid=650318&os=ANY&aparno=RS98380&actionID=5
CA Access Gateway (SPS) 12.52SP1CR08 :
Solution Document: RS98376 https://support.ca.com/us/download-center/solution-detail.html?docid=650316&os=ANY&aparno=RS98376&actionID=5
For 1. and 2., we suggest you to contact also our Custom Care service to verify your license and rights :
Need help with the new CA Support Portal? Ask us! https://communities.ca.com/community/customer-care
3. According to our documentation, you should run CA Access Gateway (SPS) as standalone only, without any other component on it.
Product Limitations https://docops.ca.com/ca-single-sign-on/12-8/en/implementing/implementing-ca-access-gateway/ca-access-gateway-architecture-introduced
More, having the Policy Server on the same machine of the CA Access Gateway might bring security concerns. As per best practice, the Policy Server should be isolated from Internet Access as it holds the company security data.
The main advantage of using SPS, you'll have an all in one FederationComponent. SPS is also available to the latest version 12.8, and inincluded Session Linker, and all the new functionalities of theFederation Side as OpenID Connect and others.
Further readings :
Using CA Access Gateway as a Web Agent Replacementhttps://communities.ca.com/message/242035604-using-ca-access-gateway-as-a-web-agent-replacement
Web Agent Option pack to SPS plans, approcheshttps://communities.ca.com/message/242107049-re-web-agent-option-pack-to-sps-plans-approches?commentID=242107049#comment-242107049
KB : KB000097695